Global

Manchester hit by suspected terrorist attack, at least 19 killed and 60 injured

More than 19 people got killed and nearly 60 injured in a blast during a concert by U.S. Singer Ariana Grande in Manchester, northern England on Monday night. 23 year-old Grande, who is famous among teenagers and children, later posted on Twitter that “broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.”

Many believe the explosion was carried out by a suicide bomber. Police reacted to reports of a blast just after 10:33 pm at the arena, which can hold 21,000 people.

Soon after the incident, PM Theresa May said “we are working to establish the full details of what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack.” She added that all our thoughts are with the sufferers and affected families.

May is facing an election in the coming month. She plans to conduct a crisis response meeting on Tuesday. Her ruling Conservative Party intends to halt its election campaign due to the deadly incident.

Manchester Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said “we are working closely with national counter-terrorism policing networks and U.K. intelligence partners.” However, he did not provided additional details regarding their investigation.

No one has claimed the responsibility of the explosion so far.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *